Monday, September 12, 2005

Happiness is a Full Mailbox


 Posted by Picasa

A great big thank you to Rose (I'd link her blog, but she hasn't started one yet) for these cool patterns she sent to me as a thank you for letting her borrow one of my apron patterns to copy. I love that bag! And TWO Polynesian patterns (my favorite), and boy did that sizzler pattern bring back memories. I used to wear those all the time--even to church! What was I thinking?!

Skrappysak pattern, 1996, by Nancy Mirman of Design and Planning Concepts
Pauloa wrap shorts and Pacifica long dress with the beautiful draped back, no dates found.
Simplicity sizzler from 1972. For those of you who don't know what sizzlers were, they were mini skirts with matching panties. Hugely popular at that time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Balwearie said...

I just found your blog through Sharon at inaminuteago -- great stuff! I'm way jealous of that sizzler pattern. I would never have been allowed to wear anything like that in public, much less to church... Anywho, these days I'm more likely to draw something like that than wear it anyway. Fun graphics!

4:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, I was a big sizzler wearer too! So was my mom!!!! We even had some that looked kind of mother-daughter! Yikes! Swingin' seventies, for sure!

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barbie:
Did you know I had the sizzler set on the right--the one with the white collar. It was a green print though, like the one on the left. My mom made it...probably with this pattern! It was soooo 1974.

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home