Saturday, September 03, 2005

More book pics: Necktie Quilts

I went to my favorite thrift store today, and picked up two more huge bags of ties. Like I really need any more....I have about 400 as it is, and this will be probably 200 more. I did a quick search through the bags to see what treasure I got this time, and for the Ralph Marlin martini tie and the World Wildlife sea turtles tie alone those bags were worth it! I also got a roll of tulle ribbon, a roll of watermelon print ribbon, a couple of clothing patterns, a cute Shag-like pouch purse, a vintage book on rug making, and some clothes for work. The fabric was already picked over by the time I arrived. All in all quite fun though. I really want to make a quilt using neckties--I just have to figure out which pattern to follow. Here're some more examples from this awesome book:


Close-up of one corner of the cover quilt. I love how she incorporated the labels into an inner border and corner blocks. How fun. Posted by Picasa


Sometimes the simple designs are the most effective. This strip quilt reminds me of the lovely African string types. Posted by Picasa


Pink ties! Posted by Picasa


Go crazy with neckties. Posted by Picasa

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm..I just threw out about 100 ties.

Cheers!

7:33 PM  
Anonymous james said...

I really like your art. My dad left behind a few hundred ties. Hopefully, they wind up in the hands of someone as talented as you.

10:52 AM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

I have some of my own sewing posted, but I can't take credit for these. I post other people's work to inspire.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home