Thursday, September 08, 2005

Tin Can Furniture Booklet, 1973

Tin Can Furniture booklet, 1973

I've recently become interested in this funky tramp art-like craft, especially when the chairs can be used as pincushions. It's detailed recycling--I think it's pretty cool. To collect, that is....not necessarily to do. I have too many other projects to finish--I don't need to start on this. I have, however, purchased a few.

tin can rocking chair

Insanely detailed. There are some amazing ones out there.

3 Comments:

Blogger LauraK said...

I remember this furniture. I never actually saw any or knew anyone who did it, but I remember it appearing in craft magazines and leaflets like this one. It's great. Do you have any examples of the craft?

6:24 AM  
Blogger SylviaBigs said...

I used to have a set of tin can furniture when i was a child. they were sold at flea markets. it was a home craft type of thing.

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The most vivid memories I have of my grandpa is the hours he sat making this stuff. I have so many sets of it all in different colors. I tried making some chairs once, but they never turned out as pretty as his. He was a master.

2:19 PM  

<< Home