Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Fairy wings, dreams, and a crown


I absolutely adore this image.
This is on the Vintage Faerie site, but it is not available for purchase And here's a different version of the same pic, but not as dreamy. The site is awesome--I did just purchase the Ooh La La charm for a girl for Christmas. I may have to get the Queen for myself later. Such fun stuff. I love this idea of taking a photograph and collaging it with charms and words and ephemera. I would love to make one of these of each of my three closest friends and myself, using photos from when we were kids. For those of you that do have kids, put them in grown-up clothes and do some fun cut and paste. Voila! Magical memory!

I have GOT to learn all about paper and fabric collage--this is my new obsession.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cin said...

What a great shot! No wonder you adore it. And I have to agree with you, the end result of a good collage looks like such fun! After years of having it on my 'someday' list, I'm finally starting to gather bits and pieces for my first collage, and will find out for myself if it's as fun as it looks.

Here through the missingbliss group...

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Collaging is my new obsession. If you are interested you should check out the images on Visipix.com. Love your blog!

1:58 PM  
Blogger LauraK said...

Oh Barb - I LOVE this! But I don't need ANOTHER obsession!

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home