Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Pieces of the past

Dang (cue Joe Dirt), I'm on a roll with posting lately. Well, I went through the storage shed in my mom's backyard again today, still searching for that tie-dyed fabric. I didn't find it, so it looks like I won't be submitting an apron to Tie One On this month. I did, however, find this cool Folkwear pattern (dated 1982), purchased long before I got into making and collecting aprons.

 Posted by Picasa

And these items chosen to make it with...

 Posted by Picasa

Then I found this amazing vintage fabric scrap. It's heavy, like a cotton duck. I think I may have actually had pants made of this at one time (gasp). The peace signs are large: 7.5" x 7.0" across!

 Posted by Picasa

And a bunch of quilt squares that I started when I was new to sewing (maybe I was 18 or 19). This is fabric that had been my grandmother's in the early 70's. I excitedly showed this to my then-boyfriend's mom, who complained my points weren't matched perfectly. I was so devastated by her criticism, that I put these away in a box, never to work on them again (I don't even want to say how many gazillion years ago this was). I still love the fabric. Maybe I'll finally finish it(those are wrinkles from storage, by the way, not puckers).

 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home