Sunday, November 06, 2005

Doghouse Apron, 1942


What a bizarre pattern. This is worthy of Threadbared. Dog motif. Note dog has one eye open, and "I'm in again" (in the doghouse). Why is the dog on the lookout like that? Why is the couple so dressed up? Is the man "in the doghouse" and thereby being forced to help out? It's disturbing. The front of the pattern says:
Mr. and Mrs. styles, in which your helpmate can have as much fun as you! In fact, husbands think they are wonderful, appreciating particularly the "I'm in again" note. The wife's apron has waistline gathers, giving a soft flare. Both designs have pot holders that fit in the pockets.

4 Comments:

Blogger Claudia said...

Actually, the dog seems to say "Don't wake me up, pleeeeaze!" (yep, he reminds me of my cat), and did you notice that Mr Apron has one hand in his pocket and the other one holds a cigarette? He doesn't seem to want to work much anyway...

10:23 PM  
Blogger Balwearie said...

How do you type that sputtering snorkly noise that happens when you spray tea all over your desk? Just kidding... fortunately, I'd finished my tea by the time I saw that pattern. That's worthy of Threadbared and Lileks... A man who would wear something like that seriously is too scary to comprehend (at least not this early in the morning).

P.S. the word verification should be ROTFLMAO, but it's not quite...

4:37 AM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

Oh my gosh! I didn't even see that cigarette!

9:55 AM  
Blogger my house is cuter than yours said...

Love it! By the look on the wife's face, I'd say the husband is not quite out of the doghouse yet!

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home