Thursday, November 03, 2005

Wrap Art


This unique way of wrapping gifts reminds me of all those Denyse Schmidt fabric postcards. This fascinates me, of course, because it involves two of my loves: collage and recycling. This is from the Eco-artware newsletter. The artist is John Boak. The article says:

Revisionist wrapper John Boak continues to add new ideas to this tradition with his Wrap Art system, a year-round way to reclaim scraps of paper, plastic, fabric, twine, ribbon or other to-be-discarded items for decorative purposes.
This package was wrapped with two pieces of found paper and two ribbons. The top piece of paper is a promotional poster for Adobe Photoshop from seven years ago. The lower is an indigo proof for a postcard with a rose on it. The blue rectangle and silver initials tag are added on. One ribbon is white gauze; the lower, red ribbon covers the client logo on the rose-postcard paper.

2 Comments:

Blogger LauraK said...

Awwwwww.... Is this for me? It has my initials!

5:04 AM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

you've been really busy blogging lately. It was great to "catch up" as I often find your ideas stimulate more of my own...

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home