Saturday, October 29, 2005

More Quilt Show Pics

I have so many photos to share, it will take a few posts to get these all in (it takes me forever to post). I updated the previous post to include maker's name, and some information.


Huge 105" x 105" antique yo-yo quilt! Can you imagine the work?! Made by Emma Moon, owned by Ray Resler. Posted by Picasa

 Posted by Picasa


Something that we do, by Marie-Paule Gherardi, made to honor the acheivements in herding competition of her Briards. 52" x 36." Posted by Picasa


Tee shirt quilt. I definitely plan to make one of these. I have t-shirts saved from high school (my swim team, Fonzie, Morris the cat...). Great memory idea. I have a client whose son was tragically killed in an automobile accident, and she had a quilt made of his t-shirts, plus photos, and it's a nice comfort for her. (note the 'x' in front of the quilt is how they kept viewers from getting too close to entries). From reading the program, I'm guess this one is Shirt off his Back, by Phyllia Kaylor. 86" x 100." Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Susie Sunshine said...

I love yo-yo quilts, but GAH! to the handsewing of circles.

I am much more likely to someday make a T-shirt one. Would you have to fuse the t-shirt to something to make it a little more sturdy?

10:05 AM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

Hi Susie,
I'm planning on serging the edges, then adding denim borders. I don't think any interfacing is necessary, unless it was a really thin knit. I guess you could always sew them directly onto a blanket, and then you'd have a back that way and an instant "batting" as it were. There are actually a bunch of patterns available, and even a special t-shirt ruler. I think it's a great form of memory making. Another one of my favorite memory crafts is to take little toys (cheesy gumball ones, Chuck E Cheese tokens, McDonalds toys, etc) and glue them all around a frame of your kid at the age he/she used those toys. I have one, and it is such a statement to the decade, it's hysterical.
Barb

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Rosanna said...

Hi! My mother-in-law actually just bought the yo-yo quilt in this post, and we are trying to find out more information about it. Do you have any info other than the names Emma Moon and Ray Resler? We're so curious! Feel free to email me at rosannaseesincolor@gmail.com. Thanks!

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home