Friday, November 04, 2005

Loss of Sleep....

I can't fathom why gardeners and construction crews are allowed to start noise making at 7 am. Leaf blowers and weed whackers rousting me from slumber are my idea of a nightmare. But then I rarely go to bed before 1 am. My finest hour is 10 pm--I become hyper. I get ideas. I get things done. This has always been my pattern, even when I used to have to be at work at 5 am or earlier. I just lived with sleep deprivation. My mom is 80 years old and still often goes to bed around midnight. She tends to still get up early though. Go figure. Society dictates a normalcy quotient of "early to bed..." My last boyfriend thought I required change. Huh? This pattern is normal for me. Has been since I was a kid. Why should I have to change what feels right for my body to suit someone else's whim? Screw that. For the moment, however, the weed whacker is still whirring...
Where's my coffee?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home