Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Fabric Recipe Card

I have never made an ATC (I didn't even know what artist's trading cards were until recently), but after receiving a fabric postcard recently, I decided to try the idea--but with a twist.
I made a recipe card.
(click on pics to see detail)
Fabric recipe card
I layered fabric and copied images (from cookbooks onto fabric). Layering where one chicken is visible beneath the lemon was intentional--I like the multidimensional effect. If you don't want that, just back the top fabric with muslin.

And on the other side, a lemon chicken recipe.
I don't have a fancy stitch on my machine to bind the edges, so I just used a straight stitch back and forth several times. I like the effect a lot.
Fabric recipe card, back
The center is a stiff interfacing--I used Peltex, but there are other brands with a similar function. You can stitch the top layer right onto the product if you want to. So it's a combination of fusing and sewing. (sorry the scan isn't fully showing. If you click to enlarge you can see it fully)

3 Comments:

Blogger The Calico Cat said...

neat... I love how your images let you know what the recipe is going to be...

6:41 AM  
Blogger Jennifer W. said...

I really like the cards you have shown us - they are very artistic!!

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Barb, how are you? Hey, what a GREAT card! I just love it :o)

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home