Friday, October 05, 2007

Inspiring Images

This amazing silhouette is a vintage napkin holder.
The diagonally folded napkins make up her skirt.

I am inspired to create one of these myself--perhaps with cut tin.

If I really want to be ambitious, I can use a jewelry saw and thin silver.
I haven't decided yet how to approach this.
I could even try an encaustic technique, or a paper mache.
I just think this is worth investigating.

This reminds me of the Art Doll Hat I made recently.
See more hats here.

This lovely item belongs to a woman in Norway who goes by the name Happy Meat.
Click on the image to go to her Flickr page of photos,
or find her blog here.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly Ann said...

I love this! I'll be hunting eBay to find something similar.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

That is just gorgeous! I have an unusual napkin holder too - quite different from that, but unique in its own way. I'll take a photo one day and email it to you, Barb.

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny! Amazing what people will think up. Love that napkin holder :)

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home