Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Getting to where I want to be

I watched the movie "Last Holiday" last night, starring Queen Latifah.

There are so many stupid things about this movie, but I want to talk about the parts that are so interestingly valid.

In the movie, she has a handmade 'Possibilities' book.
This is a great idea for any of us.
It's a book of visions.
A journal of hopes and dreams and ideas...
magazine clippings, photographs, sketches...
it's a visual document of where and who you aim to be.

I think we all should have a visual record and reminder of our possibilites.

At the end of the movie, she changes the album cover--she takes a piece of paper and covers over 'Possibilities' and renames the album 'Realities'.
That's the point of visualizing...you can actually get there and make your dreams come true.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Pattie - Chicagoland, IL said...

I love this idea.

So what are your possibilities and visions?

9:16 AM  
Blogger kt said...

Oooh, me too! This is an idea rife with crafting possibilities, too.

Making up posterboards or a corkboard and placing where you can see it and refresh yourself each day..

I like it!

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved that part of the movie. I have an idea book for my house, and for crafts, but making one for other goals is a great idea. Thanks for the reminder. :)

9:17 PM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

I love this idea too! I haven't seen the movie (haven't even HEARD of it...maybe we haven't had it here in Oz yet), but I'll see if I can track it down, just to see more about this book of inspiration.

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home