Friday, September 14, 2007

Photo Friday

Sorry for my delay in posting--I lost my computer access again.
My brother ran some program on my computer, and now it won't work anymore....

Anyway....

I don't think I've posted this one yet.
Class of 1919
(click on image to enlarge, click on 'all sizes' on the Flickr page to zoom)

This is a Horace Mann grade school photo, dated 1919.

My grandmother "Nanny" (my mom's mom), is in the front row, in the middle, with the white dress and the dark neck scarf.
I think this school may be in Tacoma, Washington, and it may be the 6th grade, because my mom was born only six years later in 1925.

The clothing is fascinating, right down to the huge hair bows.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Pattie - Chicagoland, IL said...

This is a fabulous photo. I have one that is a school picture as well. It is a sort of panoramic shot that cost about $3 on eBay, but ended up costing me another $200+ to frame! If I can figure out how to photograph the whole thing I will post it on my blog.

Is Photo Friday your own creation? I look forward to it each week.

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute! And I used to call my grandmother Nanny too. :)

4:30 PM  
Blogger Suesjoy said...

Hi Barb!
Very cool pic.
Trying to catch up w/my blogger buds...I am in Taipei now.
Recovering SLOWLY.
Sad that we couldn't meet up once more before leaving San Diego.
Heard about the heatwave.
Hope it's over!
(Not that anyone should DARE complain about the weather ever in SD).
Hope you are well my dear!
Love,
Sue

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that photo.

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home