Monday, September 10, 2007

Fun reading

Jennifer, a writer at the Times Online (the online version of the London Times), was nice enough to email me and let me know one of my archived posts had been linked on their blog,
Alpha Mummy.

As if that isn't cool enough, I started reading some of the articles, and I was laughing out loud.

Hoodie-shaped iPod cover? Who knew?
Ladybug-shaped restroom in Beijing? Cooool....

Plus all the lovely phrases that only the British can pull off.
For example, instead of saying "sneak a cigarette while the kid's aren't looking" she says "light a crafty fag".
I love England.
One of the places in this world where I feel most at home (it's probably a big percentage of this mutt's heritage, so I guess that makes sense).

The people I'm house-sitting for are returning early from their trip to the UK.
The ratio of the pound to the American dollar didn't fall in their favor.
It's really expensive over there right now.

Speaking of reading, please pay a visit to my book blog--the poor thing is so lonely.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger sara said...

I didn't know you had a book blog! I shall bookmark it promptly.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Burgin Streetman said...

Great blog!

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to nominate you for a nice matters award for posting the voodoo knives. Since seeing them I've forwarded the link to lots of friends and family and we've all beeing having a giggle. Thanks for showing them.

You can get the logo/picture from off my Blog dated 6th September http://jellybeanangel.blogspot.com/ and from what I was told pass it on to 5 people you think worthy.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home