Thursday, September 06, 2007

The lovely Janet Klein

My mom and I got a treat tonight--Janet Klein and her Parlor Boys were in town.

Aubrey has been raving about Ms. Klein for years, so I was excited to see her scheduled for a free (!) show at the Escondido Performing Arts Center
(go to the next post to see her video. I couldn't get it to edit to this one).

Janet sings music from the 1910's up to 1930.
Fun, upbeat, silly, naughty.
Her band was amazing, and I only saw a small sampling of who backs her up in Hollywood at the Steve Allen Theatre.

On a side note, I suck at sense of direction.
I can't ask a man for directions when I'm lost, because they're forever saying things like "go south at the light".
Please.
Give me 'left', 'right', or turn at the Burger King.
South? If I knew which direction South was, I wouldn't be lost.

Anyway, we were trying to get from Escondido to La Mesa.
Meaning we needed to head south and east.
Um, we came home through Ramona.
That means we went north and through curving mountain trails out in the middle of nowhere.
It was my own version of Hell.
I was so happy to get back on the freeway!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, boy, do I ever know that feeling. We have a standard trick in the twin cities: go west for minneapolis and east for st paul. Okay, i can usually make that work. Unless i'm somewhere else where i don't know if i'm already east or west of the highways. i had one experience of taking almost the whole outer loop around the twin cities because i didn't know if I needed to go east or west.

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did she sing 'Ballin' The Jack'? Or 'Yiddish Hula Boy'? I do envy you going!

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun! Kind of like Lavay Smith but with an earlier repetoire.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

We love Janet! Glad you had fun!

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home