Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Wiggle room

Sorry for my lack of posts lately.
I have lots of photos to upload, and several posts in 'draft'.

For now, just a hello and a recipe that intrigues me for Pomegranate Gelatin.
From Good Eats (Alton Brown, The Food Network)


This jello looks really good to me
Pear Church Mice
That jelly roll with canned pineapple rings gets its shape from using the empty pineapple can as a mold.
The rings are surrounded by strawberry or raspberry jello.
Cranberry might be yummy too.
Grapes or manadarin oranges are placed in the center.
From Cooking for Special Occasions, by Jeni Wright, 1978.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Vallen said...

"There's always room for Jell-o" Hey, I've been on a jello jag lately, too. It's perfect for this hot weather.

10:42 AM  
Blogger kt said...

Oh!

At first glance, I thought the pear mice were baby seals! "How odd," I thought, "why would someone make a buffet dish simulating baby seal heads???"

I'm twisted that way.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I love that last pic... it's so 70's! I'm not a big fan of Jello... but Pomegranate I'd try!
Happy Friday!
Hettie

6:36 PM  
Anonymous dick_wonder@bigstring.com said...

I came here from a Google jello search. Looking at the thumbnail image, I thought this was a Halloween meal and the pears were skulls in green slime. I'm a bit disappointed now. : )

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home