Sunday, August 26, 2007

Playful Joy in Motion

Playful joy in motion
Seeing this kind of joy is a great stress relief for me.
For anyone.

Missed photo opportunity last night:
The silhouette of a crow, back lit by the orange globe of a setting sun.
Just as I was about to click the shutter, it flew.

And recently, while driving through downtown Encinitas, I drove past the La Paloma Theater.
The small marquee listed two movies.
I had to laugh as I drove by. I should have stopped and taken a picture, but I thought I'd be back soon.
I missed it.

The two movies on the marquee?
Knocked up....Waitress.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may have missed the shot of the crow with your camera, but the image was saved by your brain and the regret of the "lost" picture can often be the mordant that sets it perfectly in your memory. I have a great "album" of missed shots in my brain, among them (and my favorite) an image of my daughter at age 4 dancing among the day lilies with a butterfly net raised high in the late afternoon golden sunshine. If I had it on film I would have studied it over and over. I might have found flaws or it might have become just a two-dimensional replica that eventually replaced the original breath- taking image that I sought to capture.
I have no regrets.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Pattie - Chicagoland, IL said...

These dogs are smiling! They actually are smiling. And all at the same time. This is very cool...

7:56 AM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

Martha (I don't have your email address, so hopefully you'll see my comment here): very well said. So true, but it's so hard for me to give up the two dimensional images. Wow, the butterfly net...what a vivid picture you painted.
Totally off subject, but have you seen the movie, Mariposa?

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes those missed shots are the best photographs in the world. I keep a file of them in my brain :) Love your puppies!

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home