Thursday, August 23, 2007

Photo Friday

Vintage photo
I don't know the history of this photo,
nor the identity of this man,
nor the location of the house he's painting.

I purchased this image on ebay because it so eerily looks like my dad.

I love the Irving Gill-style eaves pergola eaves, and can imagine the shadows cast...
an interplay of shadow and light.
I envision the breezes that blew...
the blossoms that danced.

I love the high-waisted, swabbie-style pants,
and the carefree playfulness of this moment captured in time.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is something very striking about that photo.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Thriftin' Gal @ Junk In My Trunk said...

I like this photo a lot, it's a shame you can't find out some of the history behind it :)

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home