Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Neckties Galore!

Most of you know I have some kind of obsession with neckties.

I was cruising Flickr.com and came across some necktie images that are not related to sewing.
But they're still fun.
(click on images to enlarge)

Like this decorated vehicle posted by Cynner.
(she also posts under Cynner SF)


Neckties galore (art car)
Originally uploaded by Cynner_SF



Cynner says, "...all I really know is that it's a truck, covered in men's neckties, and it was parked near Barbie Death Camp at last year's Burning Man festival in the Nevada desert. and I took a picture of it."


There are also assorted photos of dogs and cats wearing neckties--here's one handsome fellow.
Posted by JellyWatson. Visit her website.

Top Model
Originally uploaded by jellywatson



I would love to see this sculpture in Frankfurt, Germany, by artists Claes Oldenburg and Coosje van Bruggen,
entitled Inverted collar and tie (1994).
More information here.invertedcollar

Tree of ties,
an imaginative department store display posted by Redxdress.


Onesies by Vintage Katie Jean (etsy).
You can also visit her website).
I guess this one does involve sewing. My bad.
I can see it in paint though too. Cute whichever technique is used.

necktie onesie
Originally uploaded by katie jean



Towel art
Posted by Slingload, who says, "The Wingate Hotel in Bozeman, MT folds the guest towels into a shirt and necktie presentation."

Shirt and necktie towels
Originally uploaded by slingload



glowtie
Vintage ad for a glow-in-the-dark necktie (multiple sources).
I need to find myself a copy of this!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in Frankfurt and saw the tie sculpture often. Strangely my hb didn't recognize is as an inverted tie, even though he lives here all his life and has seen it a lot more than I did.

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, erm, the above comment is mine.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home