Sunday, October 28, 2007

Something soon...

Though I have seen no ash, when I washed my car yesterday afternoon, the wash water turned completely black.
My eyes are tired and I use drops to calm the sting.
In the morning, I open the door and the smell of smoke lingers there.
It will be awhile before our days again grow drowsy and all our fears subside.

I have items to sew, ideas to make manifest, yet it is with words I seek company.
My appetite for books is voracious.
My hunger ravenous.
Reading is all I want to do.

But tomorrow, hopefully, I will finally again dust off my sewing machine and have something of craft worthiness to share.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Pattie - Chicagoland, IL said...

My girls and I will be right here waiting to see what you create. Thinking good thoughts for you.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home