Thursday, November 08, 2007

In case you missed this hysterical news article...

NewsPrank Leaves Police Overrun by Gnomes
4 days ago

SPRINGFIELD, Ore. (AP) — A number of gnomes and other creatures have taken sanctuary at the Springfield police station.

As part of a prank, somebody stole 75 lawn ornaments from around town and placed them meticulously on and around the lawn of one house on Oct. 17, police said.

Among the figurines are plastic and porcelain geese, deer, frogs are gnomes.

Police took them back to the station to help find the rightful owners.

"We need to get them out of here," Capt. Richard Harrison said. "Every time I leave my office they're sitting in my chair, working on my computer. I can't seem to get rid of the darn things."

The figurines will be put out for public viewing on Tuesday.

"If they come here and they can identify it we're more than happy to let the gnome go home," Harrison said.

Figurines that aren't claimed will be sold at auction.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Pattie - Chicagoland, IL said...

Now this is my kind of humor. Can you imagine the crazy person, or people, who planned this? I hope though that they made plans to return everything. This sounds an awful like a plot line from Gilmore Girls a few years ago....

8:25 AM  
Blogger kt said...

I love this.
Lawn decor of Springfield, UNITE!

would love to see the police station...

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL sounds like a real rag week thing to do. In England gnomes have been known to go "on holiday" and send their owners postcards from all over the world before being returned to their lawns.

Aww there's GOT to be pics somewhere on the net!

Love the Halloween cakes too. Wish I'd seen them earlier. I served "eyeballs in worms"- meatballs and spaghetti.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home