Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Some fun gifts I gave this year

Snacktime, a children's book and a CD of songs, by the Barenaked Ladies.
(link includes song previews. You Tube has related videos too)

David and Goliath pajama/lounge pants, this one perfect for my friend who is the only girl in the house with three boys (her husband and two sons)

I bought AMAZING stained glass frames for photobooth strips from Whispering Willow.
She was nice enough to do custom orders for me, so I was able to choose charms specifically personalized for three friends.
Deborah's work is absolutely beautiful.

I got my mom vintage perfume, Blue Carnation by Roger & Gallet.
This hasn't been made since the 60's or so, but the gift set I purchased on ebay still smells heavenly.
The set includes cologne, sachet powder, and soap, and was new in the package...an opened gift found by the seller at an estate sale.
Set me back a pretty penny, but my mom was pleased.
This perfume seems to have almost a cult following--I tried for months before I finally managed to win an auction.
It's a spicy scent, almost like cloves.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did a quick search of Blue Carnation and found it has a cult following.
The perfumes I like tend to be discontinued so I can sympathise with your mum.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home