Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Woohoo--snail mail!

One of the rewards of blogging is meeting people you wouldn't have found otherwise.
I've known Jen of The Felt Mouse for several years now.
Though we haven't met yet, I consider her one of my friends.
Absolutely.

Jen just sent me snail mail AGAIN (I'm so spoiled!).
This package is especially delicious--look at all the good stuff!
(note she also sent lip gloss, but that was already in my make-up bag, so didn't make the photo)
Oh my gosh, so perfectly tailored to my interests--necktie scraps, a vintage needle case, a car visor wind chime, a kitty pinback button, fun clothing buttons, pin-up cards, and a tiki-themed sticker.

I love this Grow a Pet

and this Woof magnet


A Japanese magazine (oh so good) called Basic Life seems to be about surrounding yourself with things you love (interior decorating, etc)
I like the whimsy here

and the floral sphere


She sent zinnia seeds (my favorite) and this cute little plastic bird feeder

and how fun is this matchstick herb garden?!

Seeds are embedded in the cardboard 'matches', so you just plant those!


But the most amazing gift was the homemade recipe card she made, using my instructions from the article I wrote in Cloth Paper Scissors magazine.
On the front, under vinyl, is a photo of herself as a kid, surrounded by memories from childhood (barrettes, crayons, Bazooka)

and on the back, it's a recipe for "Reliving your childhood".

Note recipe instructions, "Don't be afraid to try all ingredients. Repeat often"
There are multiple ingredients: "dream, wish, laugh..."
and how cool is that filler?
Itty bitty alphabet noodles! I LOVE it!

Jen has pics and descriptions on her blog too.

Thank you Jen!
So much goodness here :)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Japanese magazines are just so cool, aren't they? I have one on building authentic dollhouses. Can't understand a word of it, but I "read" it over and over again.
Are you growing red-lime zinnias this year?

4:21 PM  
Blogger Jennifer W. said...

Had a lot of fun, as always, putting together a package for you. *Of course* the day after sending, I saw something else that was just perfect for you, and flat, so it would have slipped in just perfectly into this package. Guess I have to start a new pile for you!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Very Mary said...

Isn't Jen amazing?

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home