Thursday, December 15, 2005

The ABC's of Me

This is a fun idea I copied from the beautifully written blog, Eve Thinking

A - Age you got your first kiss:
I was old for the standard--9th grade. What is that? Fourteen I guess. Danny (can't remember the last name) from church. He was so adorable, and I was so very naive. He wanted to kiss more than just a standard peck, and I giggled. He made fun of me behind my back to the rest of the "church kids" (meaning the popular cute ones). After that I went out and got ahold of every informative sexual thing I could, because no one would ever laugh at me again. I read The Sensuous Woman, Fear of Flying, Everything you Wanted to Know about Sex but were Afraid to Ask, Playboy, Penthouse....everything. My mom was appalled, and she didn't know the half of it. I waited on the virginity thing though. So there you go.

B - Band listening to right now:
Tally Hall. Anything close to the Barenaked Ladies is right up my alley. I write CD reviews, so I am fortunate enough to be exposed to things that I might not hear otherwise.

C - Crush:
Hmmm, no crush right now. Well, maybe that Josh guy on the Apprentice. I consider myself to be a very passionate person, and it's just bizarre to not have dated for a year. I needed a chance to get to know myself though. To not make hasty, foolish decisions. It was a wise choice, and now I'm ready to spring back into the relationship world again. Somehow.

D- Drink of Choice:
For non-alcoholic, it's always regular Coke. No diet for me (although I sometimes, oddly enough, like Tab). Alcohol: Myers rum and pineapple juice.

E - Easiest person:
I don't know what this question means.

F - Favorite band at the moment:
Duh, Barenaked Ladies. Best band live hands down. Tons of energy. But I have varied tastes in music. I love reggae. I appreciate folk music. I love lounge music. I love world music. Favorite CD: The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill.

G - Gummy worms or gummy bears?
Bears (they're thicker).

H – Holiday:
New Year's Day. The Rose Parade is on television, and my slate is clean.

I - Instruments:
I don't play any, but I love the sound of a good sax.

J - Juice:
Pomegranate.

K - Kids:
Never had any, and it brings tears to my soul.

L - Longest car ride ever:
Up to Vegas with my ex-boyfriend and our friend Wayne. I was in the back of a Neon rental, and spent most of the time crying out, "are we there yet?". Horrendous. I've driven across country and that was enjoyable, but that drive to Vegas...ugh.

M - Major:
I never graduated, in part because nothing ever truly called to me. I started out as a Biology major, but refused to dissect animals, so that was out. Changed to Geography until the dean told me there was no future in it (I foolishly listened). Changed to Journalism but got discouraged when the parking was out of control at the university, and dropped out. Went to Interior Design school and got excited about Feng Shui until an instructor told me there was no future in it (foolishly listened again. I think even then I knew she was wrong, but it just sucked my excitement out of it). Got totally into green design, but again got frustrated and dropped out. Another instructor told me I'd never make it in the business if I didn't like to draw (once again, WRONG. Aren't teachers supposed to be inspiring?).

N - Nicknames:
Barbie Doll. Barbie Ann Sweetrolls. BD. Boo. Babette.

O - One wish:
To have a family of my own.

P - Phobia[s]:
Being in dark water and near the creepy crawlies within it.

Q - Quote:
"If I had but two loaves of bread, I would sell one and buy hyacinths, for they would feed my soul."
I believe this is from, of all places, the Koran.

R - Reason to smile:
Discovering I am worthwhile without a man or friends or anyone or anything. I am worthwhile for who I am. Long time in coming, that one.

S - Song you sang last:
Funny Valentine. Really loud in my car.

T - Time you woke up [today]:
4:15 am to get to work. Usually it's much later, as I like to go to bed after midnight.

U - Unknown fact about me:
I can sing well, I'm just too shy to let people hear me.

V - Vegetable you hate:
Mustard greens. Does that count as vegetable? Brussel sprouts too.

W - Worst habit(s):
Procrastination

X-rays you've had:
Chest and jaw. No broken bones (knock on wood)

Y - Yummy food:
Peanut butter! And most everything else too.

Z - Zodiac sign:
Aries. The fire sign.

1 Comments:

Blogger becomingme said...

I feel as though I know you, in part, because my struggles are similar to yours. I am discovering the ways in which i am a whole person without the influence of others--especially a man.

My conclusion: I sincerely like me! I hope you have come/will come to the same personal conclusion.

Thank you for the kind comments you left on my blog.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home