Wednesday, January 25, 2006

More pics from the vintage apron booklet

Again, this is Aprons and Bibs: over 30 sewn and crocheted ideas. Published in 1945 by the American Thread Company. Original price, 10 cents. (note to Mary: no credit is given to the illustrator).

 When did the word 'gay' change meaning? Posted by Picasa


 We are so lucky today that we don't HAVE to use a clothesline or HAVE to cook. Lots of work.
 Posted by Picasa

 Housework as a toy kills me. Like how the Amish have toy plows, etc Posted by Picasa


 Wow, slacks as an anomaly. When I was a kid, girls weren't allowed to wear pants to school. I don't think the rule changed until I hit junior high. Posted by Picasa

 
Would you really wear an apron over your elegant dress? Ha! We'd probably all just have it catered! Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Grangry said...

I can't see that last one keeping MY long dress clean while I'm cooking - I could put all the wine bottles the guests bring with them in the pockets though!

3:02 PM  
Blogger my house is cuter than yours said...

These images are so fabulous! I love the little girls! Thanks for sharing! I will have to look and compare these illo's closely to the ones in the baby book. They really seem similar.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Susie Sunshine said...

Oooh, I want the one with the barware on it. So cute!!

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home