Thursday, January 26, 2006

The verdict is in

Back in October, I was cited for running a stop sign. I won't post the details, but suffice it to say the officer was over zealous, and the circumstances were odd. So, for the first time ever, I decided to dispute the charge. I filed a written declaration (meaning I pled not guilty, then chose to voice my side in writing versus appear before a judge). I was told that if I appeared in court and agreed to pay the fine, that it would be reduced. Fight the charge and lose, however, and the fine would stand in full. I really felt the situation was inappropriate, so I decided to tell my side. Today I got the court's response.
Case: dismissed
Penalty: zero
Right flippin' on.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Calico Cat said...

YAY! Way to go & good for you for standing up to the MAN - or however that saying goes....

5:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you!! Cops are not allways right. I too went to court on a speeding ticket and the cop did not show up so I didn't have to pay. If you are in the right you have to stand up and be heard!

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY you!!
Treat yourself to a little something with part of the money you would have spent on that ticket :o)

3:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Let's hear it for truth, justice and the American way. Congratulations, Lois Lane! You are an example to us all. Not sure how this would travel in the Land of Oz.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home