Thursday, January 26, 2006

Vinyl Quilt, "Mexico Memories," by Jane LaFazio

art quilt
This quilt by Jane LaFazio speaks to me. I love it because it reminds me of a shrine. It could be a memory piece. It could be so many things. I just found out that LaFazio is going to be teaching a six-week art quilting class at the Oceanside Museum of Art (for any of you who live in Southern California) starting Saturday. I may not make this class, but I am definitely going to sign up in the near future. It's phenomenal. It's sewing and collage and trinkets and memories...all the crafts/elements I love, all rolled up into one project. Check out her gallery.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer W. said...

This is really beautiful. I hope that you are able to make it to this or a similar class.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home