Friday, April 07, 2006

Today is my birthday

Yep, today is the day. I won't tell you how old I am, in that people tend to judge. I guess most people want to rub shoulders with those in their age group, and any number that might be different than expectations can cause disappointment. So I'll leave it vague. Usually I have lots of ideas on places I want to go or things I want to see, but this year not so much. Maybe because it's rainy and cold. I almost attended the memorial service for Buddy Blue, but I didn't plan my day accordingly and I didn't want to show up late. What a loss though. I'll bet the crowd will be interesting--I wonder if the Farmers will play?

My mom and I have a tradition of going to lunch at the Bread Basket on my birthday, so I look forward to that. But I can't think of any movies I want to see, or galleries to visit. Oh well. It will be a quiet day. That's okay.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
Coincidentally, today is also my significant other's birthday.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Jennifer W. said...

Have a good one, Barb!

1:17 PM  
Blogger kt said...

Happy Birthday! And have a wonderful weekend. Eat cake. Enjoy the great weather. Nap.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Grangry said...

Many happy returns Barb!

4:01 PM  
Blogger Shanna said...

happy belated birthday! sorry i missed telling you on your day! i hope you had a great one!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Billie said...

Happy Birthday, Barb!

9:41 PM  
Blogger LauraK said...

Happy Birthday Barb! Have a cupcake!

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, darling. Sorry this comes a bit late.

From someone whose age is more vague than anyone's on this blog.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Willie Baronet said...

Happy Belated. :-) Sometimes it's good to have a quiet birthday. The older I get the quieter I like em. :-) Something to tell yourself: it was a glorious day when you arrived on the planet, a day worth celebrating.

2:03 AM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Happy belated birthday from me too, Barb - so busy with my own stuff, I haven't visited for a week or two, thus missed your day - sorry! Mine was yesterday. I made a typo on one of my posts and said I was turning 68...nobody believed me thank goodness, it is actually 58...and counting! I don't care who knows how old I am, or how they feel about it; if I can live with it, what the heck?

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home