Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Random thoughts and occurences

Why is it that you can buy chocolate-covered raisins, regular raisins, organic raisins, vanilla yogurt raisins....and no one sells sugared-coated raisins? You know, the ones I have to dig out of the box of Raisin Bran and then throw the flakes away? Or cinnamon raisins? Those would be yummy too.

Now you too can duplicate Angelina Jolie's tattoos. You can now purchase a tee shirt with copies of luscious lips' art and the placement thereof.
Uh....yeah.

I got my hair cut today for the first time in almost a year. My hair has gotten so long now, that cutting it would destroy my identity or something. But it was getting scraggly on the ends, and I really needed a boost. So I tried a new guy (hello, stylist) today (scary), and he really did listen when I said not to go nuts. I got long layers that feel good and I like the way it looks. I am starting to get a touch of gray, so I asked him if maybe low lights would work. He said not so much. So he used a semi-permanent rinse and made my hair auburn. Almost brown. It is naturally a strawberry blonde--almost a gold. I went into work today, and the first person to comment was a guy named Hank who is loveable and popular, even with a biting tongue and dripping sarcasm. He's the type to tell you that you look fat or your skirt is hideous. Anyway, I was walking out of the breakroom, and this is what transpired:
Hank: WHAT did you do to your hair?
Me: I colored it. And cut it. Why? You don't like it?
Hank: It's so pretty! What else did you do?
Me: Oh, it's just blown dry. Usually I don't take the time.
Hank: It's so pretty!
(then he added with a smile that it's usually a rat's nest...but coming from Hank, let me tell you, that made my day).

3 Comments:

Blogger The Calico Cat said...

YAY! (I too could use a cut...)

Cinnamon raisins were available for a while - I have seen them in a few years, must not have been popular, but they were great in oatmeal or oatmeal cookies.

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pictures of the new hair? :)

I only wish I could say I have a touch of grey! I think the last time I could say that I was 20.

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, B., welcome to the land of the grey - where hopes are shattered, dreams crushed, when you realize that your goals...oh, forget it.

And yes - pictures?

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home