Sunday, September 03, 2006

Quilt Show Swag

The San Diego Quilt Show is going on this weekend. I went Friday and will post a few pics later in the week.

Jan Krentz is the guest artist, and oh my...her stuff is amazing.

And of course vendors are there tempting me, so this is what I came home with:
Quilt Show Purchases

One yard of a really fun animal alphabet fabric (here the Moose with a Mask, wearing Mittens, roasting a Marshmallow. Is that a Mat on his lap?)
and half yards of a beautiful palm tree neutral, and a brilliant purple splash (last one, haha!). Also a pattern for a bag using crocheted fabric strips, and two marking pencils that I have been searching for (the chalk wheels or felt pens just weren't cutting it). These can be sharpened with any standard pencil sharpener too! I also picked up a pumpkin-colored sweatshirt so I can finally make the jacket pattern that I bought at last year's show!

And the best part? A $25 off coupon for the Janome Jem 2 that I've had my eye on for awhile. I plan to purchase that sewing machine this week. Woohoo! This will be perfect for taking to classes and when I house-sit. I'm sooo excited! It comes with a carrying bag and the extension table too, and a super good price at Sowing Sisters Quilt Shop in Carlsbad.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank the Goddess of all Gorgeous Fabrics that there are no quilt shows around here... for i would surely be bankrupt! LOL! :)

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

quilt show photos....

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home