Saturday, February 10, 2007

I Heart Hot Chocolate

Ah, my biggest vice.
Chocolate with cinnamon and marshmallows. Ummmm....
Pretty much a nightly ritual.

My favorite brand? Abuelita.

If you want to learn something about chocolate, here's the history. Here too.
It's even healthy!

There's music named Hot Chocolate (no idea if it's good or not), a movie (who knew?),
and a book also (it looks interesting).

And I love love love this gift idea for cocoa in a cone.

Instructions here from Family Fun.
Or Creative Jumble has a tutorial.

Super cute ideas to make reindeer, Santa, or tree versions.

Or vary the idea as you wish: Snickerdoodle cones would have cinnamon and sugar (the ones you can buy already made use cinnamon-flavored chips).
S'mores would have tiny graham cookies or crumbs.
Make them up with mini mint-flavored chips. Or peanut-butter chips. Or whatever you want.
A version you can buy has cherries in it (dried? I'm not sure)
Add hot cinnamon candies. Or a pinch of cayenne.
Tie a lollipop or candy cane to the bag to use as a stir stick.
Maybe add chocolate shavings instead of chips.
Tie with ribbons for a party favor.
I can see this idea modified for all kinds of occasions.
More ideas on this forum.

Recipe for Mexican Hot Chocolate
Miscellaneous recipes.
Hot Chocolate Fondue recipe.
A recipe that includes a bit of espresso powder, from the Barefoot Contessa.

And we can't forget the marshmallows.
Toasted coconut marshmallows from the Barefoot Contessa.
And Tyler Florence (speaking of yum) has a homemade marshmallow recipe also.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh chocolate!
When I went to New York City recently, I stopped at Serendipity, and had one of their famous Frrrozen Hot Chocolates. It tasted like heaven...WORTH EVERY CALORIE! :)

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm Abuelita! I love it!!! It comes in bars at my local shop and has been one of my staples since i backed off caffeine! Great stuff!

5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home