Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Birthday Mail!

Ah, mail is just the best thing ever.
Jen sent me some birthday goodness.
(coincidentally, a package I sent to her as part one of our swap is up on her blog right now).

We've talked about the little looms from childhood, and making potholders.
She got me this vintage ADJUSTABLE loom with some kick ass graphics.
Vintage Loom
How To Loom
I collect old toys and games with fun graphics to display like art, so this fits into that category.
But I'm looking forward to constructing some items too!
Jen included a bag of multi-colored cotton loops to get me started.

She also sent along a potholder that she made herself, and a cool reverse-applique-type card with a purse design (quite apropos).
Gifts from Jen

Also in the package, this fun little plant kit of "message beans"
message beans
In about a week, it will sprout some sort of message.
How fun is that?!

Then, a bag wrapped up from the thrift store...one of those what-are-ya-gonna-get bags of ties. I love those.
Within, 33 polyester ties, including these:
Ties
The thin rockabilly-style ones from Stringbean are always fun.

more ties
And these funky colors are great.
The red one has a stain, but no worries!
Ties, especially polyester ones, are simple to wash.
I use both silk and poly in my quilt blocks, even side-by-side.
I like the textural variations.

Thanks so much for thinking of me, Jen.


Mary Ann
sent me goodness too, but I have misplaced my mail. Eek.
The one downside of dog-sitting is that carting my stuff house to house tends to keep me disorganized.
I am often unpacked.
So I will share the love from Mary Ann when I unpack all my stuff. (so lame, I apologize)
In the meantime, go check out her updated store. She rocks.
My favorite are these May Day Cones. They're like really special cone-shaped bird's nests.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger z-silverlight said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
and what you going to do with all the ties?!
I had a loom like that. It can be adicting.
Hey, use some of the ties on it.

2:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey this sounds really cool. The ties are really vibrant. Waiting to see what comes out of it all. Wish you a very Happy Birthday!!:)

4:43 AM  
Blogger Jennifer W. said...

Glad a few of the ties worked! Happy Birthday again!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Vallen said...

Cool ties. All in the same bag? Wow I usually get a couple good ones in a bag of bleack!

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Bday!!

XOXO

Liz

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home