Sunday, April 15, 2007

Vintage Ad

One of the coolest things about using Flickr is that I find out what kind of images appeal to the most people.

I'm finding that vintage advertising and illustration inherently carries a big audience.
So I tend to look at old magazines and books with a new eye now.

This is a weird ad. Check out the baby tied to the plunger!
And what's with all the guns?--every kid has one!
I mean, it's just an ad for shoes.
Hmmm... Gun-toting space boys and girl
(click on image to enlarge)

From Smart Sewing Magazine, 1954.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger z-silverlight said...

Barb. You had to be there. Different time, different life.
Having one's own gun, was like having one's own car.

1:25 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

This ad is so funny! Great graphics and colors. I was one of those babies that wore the hightop white baby shoes (born in 1966) but strangly enough, I didn't pack a lazer gun! LOL!
Smiles-
Tootie
www.HoneyGirlStudio.blogspot.com

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home