Wednesday, March 04, 2009

My Garden Green

I have something of an obsession for green plants.
Meaning either chartreuse foliage, or green-colored flowers.
I lurve me some green flowers.

Some of these are in my garden already, and the rest eventually will be.
Even looking at these pictures is like candy...
(for more info, click on the links)

Zinnia, 'Benary's Giant Lime'
(there is also a smaller green Zinnia called 'Envy')
I love zinnias--they remind me of my childhood, since it was one of the first things I ever planted.
These 'Red Lime' Zinnia are on my "gotta have" list.
Several Echinacea (Echinacea purpurea) are available in lime colorations.
I want them all!!!
'Coconut Lime' Echinacea

'Green Jewel' Echinacea

Euphorbia portlandica 'Dolce Vita'
Another Euphorbia, amygdaloides 'Purpea', turns from green to wine-colored depending on the season.

Salvia mexicana, 'Limelight' is a stunning show of chartreuse and purple.
It's in the sage family.
This one looks amazing--in fact I'm going to order more for different parts of the yard.

'Emerald Tassles' (Amaranthus caudatus) is a green version of 'Love lies Bleeding'.

Evergreen Azalea, 'Green Glow'

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Gina E. said...

Barbara, I had no idea there were so many plants with green flowers, as well as leaves! Those are gorgeous photos; I think I like the green daisies the best.

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might like alchemilla mollis too -very easy to grow. I'm with you on the sages. I had a lovely red flowering one once, but I always prefer my fav colour purples. I have a little herb patch here and some currant bushes. If you plant garlic cloves it help keep flying pests off too.

2:08 PM  
Blogger KR said...

These photos are beautiful - I love all the beautiful green! :)

Wanted to also send a reminder that today is the deadline for this week's painting challenge (there will be a new one every Thursday). If you wanted to submit something for me to feature, email a photo, your name, and your blog link to me at homegrownrose@gmail.com

Hugs!

Kristin
http://reclaimingthehome.typepad.com

10:29 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

I just bught so many zinia seeds today. because it is the time here to start them....I can not wait to see how yours come out, nor mine Sue

5:44 PM  
Blogger Eve said...

I love the green flowers too. I especially love green hydranga. Your photos are beautiful.

I think my next favorite color is the new chocolate colored flowers.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home