Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Dog Park Design

Many of you already know that I'm studying Landscape Design, hoping to eventually specialize in dog-friendly properties.
Yes, there are things you can do to a yard that channel your dogs to leave parts of it alone, while giving the dogs (as well as their owners) a sanctuary.

I found this post on Beyond Landscape, showing a dog park from this summer's Barkitecture exhibit.
The site uses reclaimed fire hydrants, in a whimsical display.
Everything about this makes me smile.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger LunaKris said...

I love the fire hydrants. I'm a pet sitter too, and some of my furry friends would have a great time at that park.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

That is so colorful! As well as being practical for dogs!

4:52 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Just love your blog. So many varied and interesting topics and ideas. I have that purple-flowering plant from you previous post of the Crockett Garden. I think it's called Spiderwort. Can't wait to order my Queen Red-Lime Zinnia seeds next month. I don't have any tin can angels, but I do have a model sail-ship made of Budweiser cans!
I too troll that catalogs looking for diy inspiration.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home