Thursday, July 13, 2006

Photo Friday

My mom and her sorority
(click on photo to enlarge)
My mom dominates this photo--she's the beautiful one seated on the right, with her coat draped on the chair. She was, and still is, a tiny little thing. The group was a sorority just to get together, versus associated with a university. My mom never even graduated from high school. She got married at 17 instead. That's what people did then. She is, however, one of the smartest people I know. I haven't asked her the year this was taken, but I'm assuming she was in her 20's which places this in the mid to late 40's.

More photo goodness on Andrea's blog.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Love those old black and whites! Your mom is lovely.

11:00 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

oh yes, you're right-- the eyes are drawn right to her!

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mother's heart-shaped face dominates the picture. But next, my eyes were drawn to the painting on the left, which looks like Duchamp's 'Nude Descending A Staircase'. Next to a painting of a clipper ship???

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home