Saturday, December 16, 2006

Crafting with postcards and photographs, and the generosity of fellow bloggers

I got a pleasant surprise in the mail yesterday--Mary Ann Avery spoiled me yet again!

She sent me a Christmas present!

I am blown away by the generosity. I had ordered some goodies from her Etsy shop (I will post about those at a later date), and so tore open the package that was in my postal box, thinking it was what I ordered. The Etsy stuff was actually behind the counter and I didn't know about it yet...so I assumed the wrapped item wasn't really a gift. Well, not that I could have waited anyway...
But check out what I got! (along with more ephemera, by the way)
Postcard Angel

This incredible angel-shaped ornament is cut from a vintage postcard!

Stop and think about that for a second. I mean, really, how perfect is that?

The tag says it is made by Sarah Lugg.
The key chain is a beaded photo charm. Again, totally perfect. And both inspirational for my crafts, I have to say.
Stuff like this just makes me giddy.
Thank you once again Mary Ann.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Very Mary said...

My pleasure! If you like the ornament, you must check out Sarah Lugg's other goodies:
http://www.bayberrycove.com/sarahlugg.html

Sigh!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Very Mary said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Suzy ~ lorenzstudio said...

Count me in when you start your dream job!! :)

10:00 AM  
Blogger FinnyKnits said...

Super cute use of old greeting cards! I'll have to add this to my arsenal of "Things to make from all these old cards that I can't bear to throw away".

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home