Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Springerle

Springerle
Check out the amazing idea from the December 2006 issue of Country Living Magazine!

Cookies that have been decorated using rubber stamps to cookie dough.
Rubber stamps!
The impression is then painted by dipping the brush into lemon extract, then luster dust (used for cake decorating). Springerle are usually an anise cookie, but you could do standard sugar too. I like Martha Stewart's sugar cookie recipe with royal icing.

I can envision this in a clay also, and shellacked, then strung on a garland. I absolutely love this idea.

I love it so much that I took this magazine to my favorite stamping store to share it with the employees.
I then turned to a customer to show her--look, look how cool!
She stared at me like I was loose from the mental ward, then without saying a word, turned and continued shopping. Alrighty then.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Those cookies are beautiful. I wonder if I could do them with dinosaur stamps for my son's 1st grade class.

1:25 PM  
Blogger elenyte said...

What a V-8 moment. Rubber stamps, who would have thought of them?! Someone who had their V-8, that's who. I love this idea. Even a pre-made roll of cookie dough from the grocery would speed things up for busy people who still want to have fun.

And what's with that lady at the stamp store with the stone face? Doesn't she know that it's against the rules to act indifferent in the presence of enthusiasm? Oy.

Anyhow, thanks a million for sharing what you found. I remember when CL magazine first came out. They've been wonderful forever.

-eleny

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't say this very often, but those look too pretty to eat.

12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool cookies! I've seen that magazine on the newstand but never picked it up but now I think I'll have to add it to my list of magazines to buy.

1:08 AM  
Blogger Jodi Ohl said...

Those cookies DO look too perfect to eat!

I love Country Living, that magazine is definitely one that I can't be without. Of course, I said that about Cosmopolitan a "few" years ago, and now I can't remember the last time I picked that up! ;)

7:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow these cookies are so pretty and I have a LOT of stamps that I didn't know why I bought. Now I have a use for them! thanks for sharing the idea =o)

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home