Sunday, December 10, 2006

I've Got Mail!

Mail, even when it's expected is cool enough, but mail that is a gift--especially the 'just because' variety--is in a class by itself.

Thank you so much to Mary Ann of A Very Mary Design for sending me ephemera from her stash when she found out I am enjoying collage.

I urge you to click over to her site, or to her Etsy shop, and buy some of her amazing bookmarks (well, she calls them page markers. They are the nicest ones I've seen anywhere), or magnets or maybe some jewelry.
Her products are well made and very affordable. Plus, she's a nice person that deserves your support.
And sincerely, not to kiss up, but her stuff rocks. So there!

She sent me a ton of goodies:
fun vintage cards
cards for collage

pages of old books (don't feel bad--better into art than the landfill)
pages

and wow, a mixed lot of game cards, envelopes, a cool pic of a lady on a vespa, and scrapbooking papers...
ephemera
note she uses those 'Hello...' labels as address labels. I think that's fun.

and, the piece de resistance...
this awesome gift tag that looks like a luggage tag, and appears to be cut from a vintage wedding card. I love it.
Gift Tag

Thank you, Mary Ann, for your thoughtfulness. And for regularly reading my blog too.
Speaking of, check out Mary Ann's blog here. I'm sure it will quickly be added to your favorites list.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Maine Cookery then & now - makes me wonder what their idea of "now" it... Looks a lot like my "then."

Love the ephemera!

5:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ooh, great stuff! I love me some ephemera, and it looks like Miss Mary knows some great ephemera when she sees it. That card in the first photo--the one with the big pointy-topped building? That's where I got married! It's the LDS (Mormon) Temple in Salt Lake City.

7:02 AM  
Blogger deb said...

Mary is so awesome that way!! She sent me some fun stuff too and I've really been having fun with it.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home