Saturday, December 09, 2006

Vintage Christmas Scene

Holographic Postcard

Vintage holographic (well, three dimensional) postcard. It doesn't change into a different picture or anything, so maybe I can't label it as a holograph...I'm not sure. Anyway, I purchased this at Architectural Salvage in downtown San Diego yesterday. It's just so....happy, I guess.

There's also a nice juxtaposition with the Christian side of Christmas, and the secular Santa side. I like that. I enjoy both parts of the festivities. It's all about joy.

The one drawback to uploading pics to Flickr, is that by the time I post them here, most of you have already seen them. I do like the interaction that goes on over there though, so I keep them open to public viewing. This is a brand new pic, so hopefully it's new all the way around!

(oops, smudge is my scanner, not any damage to the postcard)

*update* Go check out: this post by Petula Darling that explains this type of image.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Suzy ~ lorenzstudio said...

Gorgeous! I miss living so close to Little Italy and being able to wander through Architectural Salvage. What a great find.

10:10 AM  
Blogger jungle dream pagoda said...

This is beautiful,its actually called a linticular. If you visit Petula darling on blogspot she has a recent post explaining what it is. Its quite interesting.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home