Monday, February 12, 2007

Vintage Valentines

I was going through some of my scrapbooks from childhood, and came across some old valentines.
More Vintage Valentines
I remember every year in elementary school, the students would make some sort of container to receive cards, and we would all give one another these...with our names crayoned on the back or something.

I remember it being so much fun to open the variety box of cards, and choose which design was going to which friend/classmate.
Last year I bought a skateboard and surfer-themed set at (of all places) the 99 cent store, and sent the box to my friends in Indiana. They were stoked to have "extra special cards all the way from California". Pretty cool.

Vintage Valentines
Simple pleasures, sharing, simple smiles...
this is really what it's all about, you know?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Vallen said...

You are so msart to have saved these. They are adorable.

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My parents saved the V-cards I received when I was wee, and a sorry bunch they are, too. Sweet and memorable, but a mere handful.

And I was the kid who gave cards to EVERYONE in my class, whether I knew them or not.

Still - there are just some things that have to be kept.

9:25 PM  
Blogger silverlight said...

This is funny. This wek past I have been writing a blog on this memory too. I just put it up tonite.
I like your little cards.
Didn't it use to be fun.

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home