Saturday, February 24, 2007

Wow!

In this digital age, good old-fashioned snail mail takes on a special quality.
When it comes from Jen, she takes it to a whole new level.

Jen just doesn't send thank you cards or holiday cards...she sends festive packages.
For the New Year I received a cracker (as in the pop! gift tubes), and yesterday I received a thank you card box of goodies.
I don't have a digital camera, so I won't be able to capture the type of images that were posted to her own blog, so I'm borrowing from The Felt Mouse here...

Incredible mini Chinese food take-out-style gift box, tied up with a fun paper flower, then filled with chocolates, a chocolate dipped fortune cookie...


...an adorable card in a Chinese red envelope...


...and the piece de resistance...
a homemade fortune cookie--felt with an Asian print lining, and a message printed on twill tape: "Follow Your Dreams".


My God, how cute are these?!!
Thanks, Jen!
Read her post here.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer W. said...

You're welcome, Barb! It comes naturally to do nice things for nice people like you!

12:01 PM  
Blogger FinnyKnits said...

That is such a fancy surprise! What beautiful packaging, too - almost don't need a gift inside. Although, must say, the fortune cookies are pretty cute. Even if you can't eat them...

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree that receiving fun mail is so great. it happens so rarely now. since my mom passed away a few weeks ago, people have been reaching out to me by mail and sending little goodies from the heart. it is such a day-brightener to find packages at the door in addition to the bills. :D
thanks for visiting my blog...it has been fun discovering yours!

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home