Friday, February 16, 2007

Photo Friday

No booth photo to post today, but I do have this fun image from the 60's, of a little German boy with his cone on the first day of school.
There is just something about this photo that I love.
School Cone
(click on image to enlarge)

This tradition in Germany is called "Schultüte".
I only found out about this recently, when Jen forwarded me a photo off Flickr.

Now I am obsessed.

I think it's a fun tradition. Festive. And the images are addicting.

According to Wikipedia, these cones are given to children on their first day of school. They are filled with candies, pencils and other school supplies, toys, etc.
"It is given to children to make this anxiously awaited first day of school a little bit sweeter."

I love this photo of an entire class.

Or this pic I pulled off ebay (in completed auctions, or I would have bid on it).


I guess I really shouldn't be sharing this, or you all will grab up the photos I want!
I used to be able to buy bias tape patterns for a song, but after posting about them...I am always outbid on ebay now.
I'm not saying my influence is that vast. I mean, all it takes is one person.
Grrr....

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Very Mary said...

So, what keywords should I use when I attempt to steal these away from you on eBay? hee hee:) Just kidding, I promise!

6:53 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I just sent this and the links to an Italian/German friend of mine... she's going to flip! Maybe we'll start this tradition with my munchkins when they start school. :-)

Hettie

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home