Monday, February 12, 2007

Lost Time

I haven't posted many handcrafted items lately, so I should probably explain myself.
The last few weeks have been consumed with buying another car.

I had to research online--meaning read reviews of different makes and options... Kelly Blue Book information, and consumer comments...

then make some choices concerning which car and where. I had to choose the type and model of car, find the location of the car, and figure out if that's the car I wanted. More research, this time Car Fax reports, and more consumer comments...

then more research to find a lender...
then go look at cars, choose a car, negotiate a price, fill out paperwork...
fill out more paperwork...
drive down to my insurance place for a visual inspection...
then have the dealer repair one of the power windows, drop off the vehicle, borrow another...

it has been insanely time-consuming.

Also, however, it is really a wonderful feeling of accomplishment. An "I did it!"
No man to help me--I was on my own. And I did a good job.
And it's exciting.
What I chose is irrelevant, but it was the right choice for ME!

I also started school again. Just one class, and a creative one, but I will blog about that in a couple weeks. It's pretty exciting too.

I just wanted to tell you why you haven't seen anything handmade in awhile. Don't worry...you will soon.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Wow, you put a lot of effort into that purchase. My last new car was purchased on accident & took 5 years to pay for - another accident... long story - I'll share after you share about sea world!

4:21 AM  
Blogger Very Mary said...

Hooray for you!!! I'm proud of your car-buying prowess! I bought my most recent car all on my own, and it was pretty darn intimidating. Way to go!!!

5:02 AM  
Blogger MsLizzF said...

So what kind of car did you get? Don't keep us guessing.....we all want to know.

Buying a car is a lot of hard work but worth it. My car is one year old and it is just like the car before it that I allmost had for one year. I was in an accident and it was totaled ( not my fault) and I was happy with my car so I got another just like it, but in another color.

9:07 AM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

ha! I bought a Land Rover. It's not brand new, but a new one is on my dream list. I used to drive a Toyota Rav4, and I needed something with more punch. This one is perfect, all black, and very few miles. I love it.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home