Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Awesome salad!

Chinese Chicken Salad

One large bag precut shredded coleslaw with carrots (5-6 servings size)
partial bag precut shredded red cabbage (for color)
2 packages Oriental Flavor Top Ramen (uncooked! Just crunch up dry noodles)
1 bunch (six) green onion tops (meaning the green part only), diced
6 Tablespoons sesame seeds (less expensive if you buy the container in the Asian section of the market)
6 Tablespoons slivered almonds
2 cups grilled or Teriyaki chicken pieces (you can use the bagged precut strips from the deli section of the market)

Dressing:
1 cup vegetable oil
7 to 9 Tablespoons Rice vinegar
1 teaspoon pepper
4 teaspoons sugar
2 packets Oriental Flavor seasoning mix (from the Top Ramen)

toast the sesame seeds and the almonds for 5 to 10 minutes in a low temp oven (about 300 degrees)

Assemble all items right before eating. Cannot hold or save because the salad will get soggy.
If transporting to a potluck, keep dry ingredients (noodles, seeds, almonds) and dressing separate.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

Barb,

I accidentally erased your email with your address to send you the strawberry fabric. Can you resend it? (My email is schlumpfh at claretians.org, although it should show up now because I changed my profile so it would.)

6:51 PM  
Blogger Les said...

I stumbled on your blog several weeks ago. I'm not sure which blog led me here (possibly Soule Mama or Orangette), but I thought I'd come out of lurkdome and say hello. I lived in San Diego (Del Mar, Vista, Solana Beach) from '72-'92 and have enjoyed your posts about San Diego. I'm not a crafty person, but I love to cook, read and garden. Will be back after perusing more of your archives. Lovely blog!

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home