Thursday, September 25, 2008

Miscellaneous


Yesterday was my mom's birthday, so I took her downtown to see the play "Boomers".

The play covers the baby boom generation of those born between 1946 and 1964, with snippets of major events, and medleys of songs from tv themes to popular records...
all with a whiff of humour and a huge dose of nostalgia.
It was fun.
As the crowd was all being seated, we played "Name that Tune", with prizes including glow-in-the-dark necklaces to tee shirts.
I still can't believe I didn't recognize "Brick House"--I used to love that song!
Here's a review, though I can't promise the link will be valid long.

Afterward, we went for a late supper at Rudfords--a San Diego landmark since 1949.

Let's see, other random thoughts...
I just discovered Angie's List.
It has been hugely helpful to me, and worth the fee.
Basically it a paid service full of reliable reviews for contractors, dentists, vets, etc.
I've already used in several times to both find someone and to review someone.

I just changed wireless companies, and my new ring tone is the Beach Boys' "ba ba ba, ba barbara ann.." (grin)
Although I don't think anything can beat my friend debs' ringtone of a kitten mewing.
All of a sudden her purse will be mewing, and people are looking around trying to find a cat, heehee.

My car repairs ended up being three times more than I anticipated and ate up most of my funds.
I had better learn how to save, and quickly, or no vacation for me next year....

I love this jacket made from clothing labels, by undoneclothing, (click on image to see the flickr page)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch Barbara. Cars are such a necessity though. What a lovely show to take your Mum to.

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home