Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fall down and go boom

Ugh.
Fatigue has returned.
I was supposed to start a swimming class this week, but I put on my Speedo, took one look in the mirror, and that was the end of that.
I looked like a bowling ball.
I dropped the class.
Yes I know no one else in class really cared.
Yes I know swimming would help me look and feel better.
But I couldn't go. I just couldn't.

Last night I came to a client's house to watch a dog and two cats.
I have been here many many times before, so it's comfortable.
I had been painting all day, was behind doing stuff, so brought a load of laundry with me.
No big deal, right?
Well, I knew the lint screen on the dryer would be full, so I emptied it.
When I went to replace the screen, something on top of the dryer went down into the screen holder (on top of the dryer).
Aaarrgghhh, now the dryer won't work.

I called my brother to see if I could take off the back panel of the dryer.
He suggested I call a repair man.
Of course they aren't available today.
The cost of the guy to come out and look at the dryer equals the amount I was paid to watch the animals.
So I left that on the counter, and I'm sure I'll have to pay more.
So much for extra work to make extra money.

On top of that, my hormones are all askew, and I cry at the drop of a hat.
Lovely.
At least it's nice and sunny outside, and I got reimbursed from insurance already on the gum surgery I had a few weeks ago.

Problem is the tissue is not healing normally, so now I have to have a biopsy.
I also have to have blood tests to find out why there was such dramatic bleeding during surgery.
I'll be glad when this is all resolved.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Pattie - Chicagoland, IL said...

Oh Barb...here I am feeling sorry for myself becasue I am in such a physical and emotional slump, and I read all of this and think what a wimp I am to complain at all.

I wish I were there to help you through some of this. I'll write more this week. Promise.

Love to you, healing thoughts, et al.

pattie

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Barbara, what a time you've been having! Hugs.

Ooo before I forget there is a preparation you can put on effected wood to re-harden it after critter/rot damage.

1:38 AM  
Blogger Patty said...

Oh, I'm sorry you're having such a crappy time of it. I hope things get better soon.

2:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is wretched. I am sending you warm and creative thoughts to see you through this tiresome patch. I am convinced that all will be well. Stay strong.

9:06 PM  
Blogger The Tattered Rose said...

Barb! Bummers! I hope you're having a better day and that the gum thing proves not to be worrisome. Hugs, Trish G.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home