Sunday, October 19, 2008

Shopping

Irvine Ferris Wheel
Ferris Wheel at the Irvine Spectrum mall.
(click on image to enlarge)

Yesterday was one of those magical days.
I met my friend debs at a park-and-ride.
I left my car in the lot, got into her car, and she handed me an iced toffee mocha.
Really, could there be a better beginning?

We drove about an hour north to visit Rogers Gardens (I'll blog about that later), then headed to the mall in Irvine.
Remember recently when I blogged about shopping and how it just wasn't fun anymore?
Well, it's all different when I'm with debs.

We beelined it to H&M.
That store isn't currently in San Diego, so I didn't know anything about it (note one is supposed to open later this month in Fashion Valley).
Wow, it was so much fun!
First of all, everything is so inexpensive (it's sort-of the clothing version of Ikea).
I ended up with two wrap-style scarves, two light-weight shirts, a tank top, and a camisole top, all for less than $100.

We stopped and had dinner at The Corner Bakery Cafe--yummy potato soup with half sandwiches, then shared a mini banana bundt cake with a to-die-for maple frosting.

Nothing like good old-fashioned conversation and laughter to charge the batteries.

(pretty great image for a cell phone, huh?!)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Queenly Things said...

That is so beautifully Southern California - a ferris wheel in a palm tree - like a wonderful fairyland. Yay, for shopping - I never go either except once a year witha friend on an all day excursion. The only way to fly.

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a wonderful day with an old frien. Days like that are so special.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home