Thursday, December 24, 2009

Salmon Cookies

I usually give my doggie clients something for Christmas.
My favorite doggies (the dogs I watch the most) get treats and toys.
Some just get treats, some just get a toy.
Sometimes I'll make up gift bags of treats and rawhide candy canes or something.

This year, to go along with my homemade rope toys, I made homemade treats--I made oatmeal cookies.
Well, kind-of.
Oat cookies with eggs and salmon.

Those of you who know me well are cocking your head right now and saying, "huh?"
You see, I loathe seafood.
I won't touch seafood.
If I go out to dinner with you, I hope and pray you don't order fish.
Seafood just grosses me out.

I once had a boyfriend cook fish sticks on my cookie sheet, and I would never use that cookie sheet again.
It was tainted.
I gave it to him.
Just sayin'.

But for the sake of my doggies, tonight I molded canned salmon into balls, flattened them with my very own hands, and baked them on my cookie sheets (okay, I used parchment paper. But still).
Pretty darned cool if you ask me.

I got the recipe from Get Some Hairapy!

This photo is about the cutest thing I've ever seen, so I had to share.

It's from White on Rice Couple.
They have a recipe for Flax Seed Dog Biscuits I plan to try (pictured).
And a Peanut Butter Dog Biscuit recipe with about the cutest doggie Christmas card ever, so go take a peek.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger LauraK said...

Merry Christmas Barb!!!

11:14 PM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

Merry Christmas Laura! Have a wonderful time with your family!

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home