Friday, July 14, 2006

Apron and Recipe Card Swap

Well, today is the big reveal! I got this cranberry and orange aloha fabric (my color and style preferences) apron from Meredith.
Apron Swap Received
(it seemed apropos to photograph it in front of a tropical mural)

Close-up detail of the ruffle on the pocket, and the cute pineapples stamped onto the orange.
Close-up detail swap apron

For recipes, she sent full page mustardy-colored cardstock--I prefer this. I use full pages in binders, or my recipe box uses the larger 4X6 cards versus the standard 3X5. I am also glad she sent two desserts and a dessert-like bread. I bake more than anything else, so this makes sense. And I can't wait to try them all!
Good choices.
Recipe Swap

And what of the apron that I sent, you ask? Uh, I suck. I missed the deadline. I'm still working on it. I do have to say that I really really like it so far though, if that's any consolation. I also missed two friends' birthdays, as I'm still working on their purses. Arrgggghhhh. So, I'm off now to my sewing machine....

2 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

OMG- that apron you got is awesome. I am now totally worried that the person who gets mine is going to be disapointed with my imperfect hem lines and simple style. I also didnt' get the cards so fancy...
oye- this swapping thing, why do we do this to ourselves???
I am sure what you are making is loverly....

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

B, that is a beautiful apron you received, and yes - you should be deeply ashamed.

I'm kidding, of course.

My niece will be sending me a t-shirt she wants me to cut up and sew into a corset top. The creative pressure begins already!

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home